2022 Rich-Spring Tuesday Evening Ladies Scramble League
1. Have Fun!!
2. The format is Best Position*Team Scramble. Scoring is Match Play**
3. Each team consists of three female golfers. Teams may list four female golfers, but only three may play on a given league night. All team members listed are required to stay on the same team for the duration of the season. Team members must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Fees are $180.00 per team. ($60/player)
Fee break-down per player is as follows:
$15.00 for League —for prizes and expenses
$45.00 for special events & skins***–$30 for skins at $2 per week and $15 for special events at $1 per week 4 different holes on both the front and back nine will host a special event as set by Rich Spring Staff.
5. A scorecard for each team will be available on the counter inside clubhouse. There will be a jar next to Lopez and next to Berg for an optional long drive contest ($1 per person)
6. **Matches start at 5:30 PM** If a member of a team is late, start on time with the players who are present. Late players may catch up to their group at the next hole. Players must be present at the tee box to play any portion of the given hole. Holes will not be made up for those who arrive late.
7. You should provide a substitute if you are unable to play. A sub list may be emailed to team contacts and will be posted at the clubhouse – subs do not need to be on the sub list to be eligible to play. Teams may consist of 1, 2, or 3 players, so a team may play with 1 or 2 players only if subs were not found.
8. When a team only has 2 players, they do NOT get to take a 3rd shot for the missing player. The 3rd shot of the missing player is forfeited.
9. If all 3 players on a team are missing for the entire match, the match is forfeited and 15 points are awarded to the team that is present.
10. Upon completion of each hole and match, confer with the opponent for score agreement. At end of round, one member from each team is to sign one verified score card and turn card into clubhouse. Only ONE score card will be turned in at the end of the match.
11. Unless otherwise specified, USGA rules are in effect.
12. Place your mark on your ball. That insures you are hitting the correct ball on the course.
13. You can move the ball one club length distance not closer to the hole. You may not improve your lie (i.e. moving the ball from rough to fairway, fairway to fringe or fringe to green.)
14. Once the ball is on the green you may not improve your lie.
15. Play READY GOLF! (i.e. mark your score at tee box, know your next club)
16. For speed of play, a lost ball is lost. Do not spend time looking for it—play another member’s ball.
17. Provisional shot: For speed of play, if all your team shots are thought to go out of bounds, hit one provisional shot for the team. If any of your original shots are in bounds, pick up provisional shot, with no penalty and play the original ball. There is a 1 stroke penalty, if you do need to play the provisional shot.
18. If no provisional shot is played and all your team’s balls did go out of bounds, play your next shot from the approximate spot the ball went out of bounds. Do not go back and re-hit. A 2 stroke penalty will be assessed for the lost ball.
19. Four strokes over par, is the maximum score allowed on a given hole. (I.e. on a par 3, 7 is the maximum score, etc.) Move onto the next hole after the four over par stroke maximum is reached.
20. Unless your team has hit the “4 stroke limit” complete every hole. Points are awarded for total strokes.
21. Any hole not completed due to darkness or storm will be considered a tie.
22. If inclement weather occurs, teams need to remain at the golf course until the league has been canceled or play resumes.
23. Points: 18 Total points each week
2 Points awarded on each hole
2 Points if you win a hole
1 Point to each team for a tied hole
**Scorecards for each match will have “bumps” on the hardest holes to signify handicap differences.
24. When determining flights and moving teams from one flight to another, it will be decided by handicap. Ties will be split by the total points for the season.
25. Prizes will be paid out to the top 4 places in each flight as follows:
$300.00 per flight = (1st place = $120.00, 2nd place = $90, 3rd place =$60, and 4th place =$30)
*Best Position format requires all team players to tee off their own balls. After which, the team chooses the ball in the best position. All team players take their next shot from this position. This continues until the ball is in the hole.
**Match Play Team score is compared to the opposing team score on each hole. The team with the lower score wins that hole. (2 points)
Skins is a golf game where each week each team donates $6.00 to the skin pot. At the end of the round all the team’s individual hole scores are compared and if any team has a lower score than any other team on that hole they win a skin. The skin pot will be divided by the number of skins won each week. If no team wins a skin in any given week, the pot carries over to the next week until a skin is won. Any money left in the pot at the end of the season will be paid out in a random draw from within the division the skin was for.
*** Special Events Each week each team donates $3.00 to the special event pot.4 different holes on both the front and back nine will host a special event as set by Rich Spring Staff. The four winners in each league (Lopez and Berg) will each receive a $15 Rich Spring Golf Course gift certificate or Shadys Longshots Bar and Grill. This will vary from week to week.
2022 Important Dates
May 10, 2022 – First night of league
August 23, 2021 – Last night of league, 16 weeks including Tuesday July 5th
August 30, 2021 – *Optional* Fun Night – Prizes will be ready for pick up. If you’d like to play, please schedule your own tee times.